Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hola! It's me again, Hermana Payne!

So, guess what!? I'm sitting here in good ol' Resistencia Argentina! WEIRD!!
Can you believe it??? Okay so Im totally just kidding. I thought I told you
that I was leaving on the 12th?? Well it doest matter.. its not even the
12th anymore. I have been delayed :( Two of the elders got their visas.. and
not me! I will be traveling all the way to Argentia by myself. Scary. I hope
I make it to the mission home by myself. You know how well I am with
directions.. and thats in english. Okay, just kidding again. not about being
delayed, but about being by myself. There was an elder in my district that
didnt get his as well. 2 did, 2 didnt. Kind of sad that my whole district is
leaving me. But hey I guess the Lord just knew that I needed some serious
spanish help. Not to mention that I prayed for this. The license people told
me it would be 3-4 weeks before I got my license. Well, at that point I
didnt have that long.. moral of the story, be careful what you pray for :) I
will let Meagan know when I know anything. As of right now they are guessing
two weeks. They put my name in for a temp reassignment, but then got word
that it is processing. Since Argentina lost in the world cup, hopefully they
will get going on my visa! Although it would be cool to go state side for a
coupld of weeks so I could get the best of both worlds! I found out after I
packed most of my stuff. haha lame!

Speaking of Meagan, I taught her a lesson in spanish yesterday. She was a
pretend investigator to the guy that we have always taught. Oh man my
spanish is horrible! Uh, I have stuff to send home... but I'm REALLY hoping
that Meagan can take it for me. There are strict rules about bringing stuff
in.. not sure about taking stuff out I think she was going to ask for me. It
would me much easier! Mom, Im really trying to get rid of stuff
because its $150 on international flights. Are you sure that I need the bug
net, taco packets, and rain coat? It would be cheaper to buy that stuff
there than pay the $150... oh, and my boots... I was just thinking about
that. They are heavy, and i dont know if I could do without them? Another
girl would like a backpack if you would please stop by sister missionary
mall again, please? If not its fine, I just need to know. So i think i could
possibly do with some more tights? I dont kno if i can buy them there? Will
you please look and see what the weather has been like in Resistencia.

Dad, Chelsee Voorhees emailed me and said she was getting married. She wants
your address for an invite.. but i cant email her back. Her email is
ccvoorhees@gmail.com

One of my camera cards should still be at the house.. I left it in the
computer the day I left. Please, please send a pic with the whole fam in it.

Well, sorry this letter has been about all the things I need. This last week
has been great. I dont know what else to say than that. The spirit is just
so strong! I love it! We watched the Legacy on Sunday. I hadnt seen that
movie for forever! It's so unreal to try and understand what the pioneers
did for us. I wonder if they realized what they would be doing for future
generations.. or if they were really just thinking about their family.
Either way, wow! Thanks mom and dad for making the decisions you did so that
we could be where we are. Im so thankful that I was raised in this church! I
dont know where I would be without the knowledge I do have. I am so thankful
to be able to share my testimony with others, and invite them unto Chirst.

How was Lake Powell?? I hope that yall were all nice so that we can be
invited back in about 2 years :)

Grandma and Grandpa Thank you soo much for your letters. I really appreciate
them! Sounds like you have a big job as the temp relief society president.
You will be great :)

Rachel, I sent your letter a few weeks ago. I sent it to the address where
the cookies came from. I hope you got it by now??

Okkay fam, thats all I have time for. Im really sorry this letter was so
boring!
Love yall lots!

Love Hna Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment