Monday, March 21, 2011

Hola Familia, Its me again, Hna Payne!

This last week was great! We had four in church this week and the week before. What a relief!!! Right now we are working with three potential, future priesthood holders. One of them is Gustovo. He has now come to church twice. We found his mom in the ward directory that goes back for like 40 years. She said she was baptized like 20 years ago, but doesnt remember anything, not even the baptism. Kind of weird. I think she quit going after her mom and son died. We went in and asked them to come to church. Gustavo, that has 21 years said they were going to start the very next day. He said no to a baptism date though. But he did read, and now has to pray. After the first lesson we knelt to pray, and he said it. The spirit was really strong. We asked him how he felt and he said that he felt distinct! Well, of course he did... what else would he feel when he has NEVER prayed before. Hopefully we can get a date for him this next week.

Bonifacio. Haha ohh how I wish you could know him. There are absolutely NO words to describe this man and his personality. I love him. He is one of the most child-like people in the world. The Argentine people talk- a lot. We would go and then woudlnt get to talk. So we told him that we had a little piece of paper for him to write all of his questions down, and we were going to talk for 10 minutes without interruption. Ha he was soo confused and didnt understand what we wanted him to do. He finally got it.. and his first question was who baptized Jesus Christ. We finally got through the first lesson and he still didnt understand why he needed to be baptized. We went through the apostasy again and he finally got it! Miracles I tell ya! As of right now he has a fecha for the 9th of april. We are going to have to work with him a ton if he is going to get baptized. He wasnt at church yesterday =( but we have a charla with him tonight. We will see what happened.

Luis. Oh I love him. He is like a grandpa. He is kind of a cowboy and he is always gone with his grandkids on the weekend. But we FINALLY got him to come to church last week (he wasnt there yesterday). He is very smart, and understands the doctrine and what we are saying... He just doesnt have a testimony of it. He is in 2nd Nephi.. if he will just pray. He says he prays.. just in his own way... Im not sure what that means..other than its not the right way. He was baptized in the Catholic church so possible to Mary or something. We will see if he progresses. We dont want to leave him tho. He is soo great.

Mirta was actually at church yesterday. We went this last week to drop cane. We didnt, a member was there as well as her daughters boyfriend. But we went and talked a little bit about sacrifices. She said she was going to go (which she said the last two) so we were just going to be done. But then she came. We arent really sure how we can help her right now. She is soooo busy. President is always talking about how Satan tempts us with people that arent going to progress. Im just not sure if now is her time. I sure hope so tho.

Well, we get transfer calls tomorrow. I will not be surprised if we have another transfer together. There is always kind of a trend.. and the trend lately has been 6 months for quite a few people. Ha I have never heard of this before.. but Hna Runyan only has 2 transfers left.. what if i killed her?? Ha she wants a latin too though... hopefully the Lord wont do that to us.. but hey, he definitely knows better than I do. My trainer goes home this week. Soooo weird. I dont like it... cold prickly.

Well, Im really excited for Holly. Tell her congrats. He will probably be one of the first babies I get to hold. It kills me that I cant hold any here =( what a lame rule.

Karan, I got your card this last tuesday. Thank you sooo much. I was reading it and thinking that it sounded a whole lot like what you always tell me. Then I read that you put that too. Good choice.

Mom, still havent gotten my pics and bobby pins... so definitely not my package.

Congrats on finally makin it to spring. I know yall were getting antsy. Its so weird that its almost conference. If I stay here I will get to watch all the sessions. If we are more than an hour away from the stake center we only get to watch one on Sunday.

Dad, that is such a tough job that you have to go to Kelsie´s and take care of Brecken. Tell her I love her!

Im so glad that the Griffith´s got to come. It sounds like yall had tons of fun. And I have no doubt that Ben is an exceptional kid. I got the pics. Im quite impressed yall can do pics now.

Yes, I am soo happy and loving life. No need to worry =)

Well, that is about all I have for now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE yall.

Love,
Hna Payne
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment