Monday, March 7, 2011

Hola Familia, its me again, Hna Payne!

Im sitting here again with out much to write. Sorry.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Dad you definitely made up for it with the luch special. It was a whole $12ish for me and my comp, and we ate well too! Ha thanks! I ate lamb today. I thought I might as well splurge =) It was pretty good. We had our training on wednesday and everyone sang to me. Hna Runyan made me a cake... sort of. Its called sopa paraguaya. The best way to describe it is cornbread delux x 100 it has onions and tons of cheese. YUUUMMM sooo good. I will make it someday. Yall made a good choice and went to CPK. I hope it was good. I liked the pics drew sent to me, Ha if only I looked like that now... oh well =)

We found Mirta again. She told us that she is really praying and reading to know if there things are true. We were really excited. She still doesnt want a baptism date. We were there at her house again and asked her what she read in the BoM. She said something about being a good mom or something like that. We about died. She wasnt reading the BoM. Hahah its funny because she comes to church and sees a new book and some how gets one. I said from the very beginning that she isnt going to read because she has every other book competing for her attention. Well we gave her some questions of the soul that the BoM answers. Hopefully now she will have interest to read. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with her that she really liked. We took The Testaments with us just in case something happened with the other. She wanted to watch that one right after. Im pretty sure she put that one in right after we left. I love Mirta. She is one of the sweetest, child-like women that I know. She WILL get baptized. She is soooo good.

The other day we were walkin down the street the other day and we ran into Hna Troncoso. He is one of my favorite old men.. (dont tell Danny Johnson =)) He was just like hey I was lookin for someone to pray for this old lady that he met on the street. Tender mercy for both of us. He needed someone to pray and we needed a lesson with a member. So we shared a scripture and prayed.

Another tender mercy: we were walkin home from church (with out investigators... again) when a husband of an inactive rode by us and asked us if we wanted some impanadas for free. We went and talked to his wife when we first got to the area. He wasnt very warm and friendly. But we always walk by their house in passing and say hi. Well we had to go in and wait for a minute for them to cook. Then the wife came and gave them to us giving us the opportunity to talk. She is one of our 15 families. We are waiting for our mission leader to pass by and ask if we can start coming by and teaching the family. Hopefully in the next week or two =) We are thinking that the husband might like us if he gave us food. Probably not.. but we can hope =) Always a tender mercy if we look for them and recognize them as such, a blessing from the Lord. I love 1 Nephi 1:20.

This last week has warmed back up again. We had 2-3 weeks of nice weather. Its still not too bad though. The way people talked, I thought I was going to die. There were only a few nights that I tossed and turned from it being hot. Thankfully I think we are over the hottest part.

Im sooo thankful to be here. I love, love, love it here. I love the country and people more and more everyday. What a blessing to serve the Lord in this way. I know that the Lord loves everyone of us and he is always trying to show us his love. He gives us so many opportunities to learn and grow. When we dont quite measure up, which feels like always, there is the atonement to help us. I was reading in Ether the other day. Ether 12:27 The Lord gives up weaknesses to humble us. I cant say that it gets any easier to be humbled. It always hurts a little. But when we trust in the Lord and give him our heart, the Lord provides. He loves us enough to hurt us sometimes.

Mom, I got your bday card on March 1st =) I get letters in about 2 weeks. Well, at least while im in Resistencia with the office. It will take a lot longer when im not here. I still havent gotten my pics or your package.

Karan I got your email, still not the letter. Maybe this week =)

Okay well I love, love, love yall. Have a great week. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you do.

Love,
Hna Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment