Monday, April 18, 2011

Hola Familia! Its me again, Hna Payne! HOw is life on the home front? Today there is a hint of fall in the air! Its fabulous! But of course its kind of like Texas weather here... one day is quite hot and the other is rainy and cold! But its nice that its cooling off. Sounds like things are getting warm there. Congratulations... you made it!

So, am i allowed to quite writing? I just dont have anything to say. Im written out =) okay I know that isnt allowed.. but ehhh. I will let yall off the hook. I kno yall hate it more than I do!

Okay so this week.... I am soooo thankful for the mission. It has definitely opened my eyes up to the world a little bit. Im learning a lot about pride and selfishness in families. It is incredible the things that happen in families because of these two things. Of course I knew this.. (not from our family because we are perfect) but im seeing effects from it and how the family suffers. Pride and selfishness destroy families.

Miguel is received the priesthood yesterday. that is great. We had a fhe with his family where he gave the ´´class´´. Ha it was really funny. Really it was just a family council meeting with scriptures. It was cool though because Im sure they didnt have have communication like this before their family joined the church. It is just sooo amazing what the gospel does for families. I cant imagine raising a family with out the gospel.

So our little branch. Its soooo sad. We have classes first and there is no one there to teach the classes. Its kind of embarrassing to bring investigators and there be no one there on time. Its a good thing everyone can feel the Spirit. Well lucky me, I got to bear my testimony yesterday about the scriptures. Eh! I know im a missionary and all but I really dont like being in front of people. It frustrates me to no end that I get soo nervous and cant think on my feet and express myself. I coudnt do that in english.. much less spanish. Haha our family is not the best at expressing how we feel. I dont know if its in me. And then there are other missionaries that are soo good at teaching and expresssing themselves and good at everything else!!! Its hard not to compare myself to everyone else. I just want to be perfect. haha oh well. whats a girl to do. Keepin tryin i guesss =)

Michael Smith! Its about time =) I havent gotten a chance to read your letter yet tho.

Sarah! I cant email you back directly, but I got your address seconds ago!!!! Ha I love you!

Dust, happy first day of school tomorrow!

Life is great. I love this work. Im soooo thankful for the gospel. There are soooo many blessings that are ours if we live the gospel. We know the things that we need to change.. the hard part is just doing it. Conference is always a great motivation! But then it passes and we forget about that motivation. But we cant forget! We always have to strive to be better. Ehhh its soooooo hard. HA its easier to complain about it then just doing it. I wasnt complaining tho.. just stating the obvious =)

Okay well i love, love, love yall. Have a great week. Untill next week =)

Love,
Hna Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment