Monday, May 23, 2011

Hola familia, its me again, Hna Payne! What is new to tell you this week???
Well, for starters... we didnt have a baptism this last week =( Noelia
said that she wanted to wait until this week because her mom and
friend were going to be in town??? Okay.. understandable. Well, from
her point at least. All the people on our side are always saying to
just baptize them. We asked a family if they could go by and get
Noelia on Sunday. They went by but she said something about having a
headache and something about her boyfriend being there?? What is up
with that? We went ahead and announced her baptism in church. We went
by later that night and she wasnt there. We found her this morning,
which is a good thing because she wasnt going to be at her house today
at night. She was super shocked that we announced her baptism. We
asked her what changed because we saw her everyday this last week,
minus Saturday (because she wasnt there) night. She is feeling lots of
pressure from her cousin that lives under her, and friends. At this
point she really isnt sure about anything. We talked to her for a long
time. She doenst feel that she has really gotten a direct answer
saying this is wha tshe is supposed to do. Hopefully now that her
baptism has been announced she is willing to really find out if this
is what she wants. But she knows!!!!!!! Its just the pressure of
everyone. And of course its hard! The changes required to be members
of the true church of Jesus Christ isnt easy. And then there is the
whole having courage thing to stand up for what you know to be right.
(I think that is part of why its soo hard to come home after the
mission... being so used to living a higher standard and then coming
home to people that havent, and then having to have the courage to do
what you know is the higher standard) Anyways, we have another
appointment with her tomorrow morning. Needless to say, we will be
praying hard for her.

Zone conference was great! I love zone conferences! Always sooo much
to learn. I wish we had them every month or transfer instead of every
3 months.

So this last week i got my scriptures cases that i bought in
resistencia, with pictures of Christ.... Well that was a sad day. I no
longer have scriptures to put in them. I think im going to break down
and buy them. I think they are a little cheaper here then home. I
think i will have to wait a while until someone goes to the temple.
lame.

Mom, you can send me a mask for my face =)
Dad, im still waiting on my dried bananas....
Raelene! I got your letter! you said in your letter that Jordan had a
month before he left.. and now his farewell is this Sunday! CRAZY!
Pat! Hey i had been waitin on your letter! About time =) I cant
believe Linds is graduating... then again, i cant believe that im 22.
Again, CRAZY!!!
ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put a letter in the mail for you
today... right before i read your exciting news! You could very easily
have your baby before i get home!!! Im starting to feel old now that
all of my friends are married... and having babies! HAHA thanks! But
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Okay well im out of time and things to say... Thanks for all that yall
do. I love, love, love yall. Have a great week!

Love,
Hna Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment