Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hola! It's me again, Hermana Payne!

How goes it on the home front?? I got your package, thank you!!! As for the feet thing.. I think its just a common girl thing that their feet are sick! It's because of the hose, and no socks... But my brown shoes are the worst! I hate them! So I will let you know how it goes this week :) I will be sending some pictures of our nightly rituals when it comes to shoes :) What are the pics for? Just to give to my comps? I still need family pictures :)

Dad, HAPPY FATHER'S Day and Birthday.. again! Did you like your present that I picked out?

So let's see.. a typical day at the MTC is LONG! But fast at the same time. Breakfast is always at 8:15, lunch at 1 and dinner at 6! Wake up, gym (some days its at other times) breakfast, class, lunch, more class, meetings, teaching appointments, dinner, devotionals.. Okay well all of that is just a mixture of all the days.. But they are all basically the same, with a little different order. There is NEVER enough time in the day to get everything that you need to accomplished! You go to bed wishing there was more time! We teach our first lesson in spanish this week! It's a good thing Hna Jones understands everything! HAHA I will just smile and bear my testimony! We have a couple of progressive invest. that we teach a couple times a week. One is Gabriel. He is a lot of fun to teach! His family means the world to him.. which makes it super easy to relate the gospel to him.. We just take everthing back to how the gospel can help his fam. He is hard at the same time tho.. he gets really distracted easy, and he askes lots of questions. I'm always afraid for what the next question will be.. but at the same time the questions are really helping me to prepare of the field. In our lesson he actually cried! Holy cow! We asked him what he would ask Heavenly Father if he could pray. He wanted to know that He was there, and that he cared for his family. We all need that understanding in life, that our Heavenly Father cares, and loves us! I can't imagine going through life and not having that knowledge!

So I am here at just the right time! All the new mission presidents come in at the end of this month for like a week or two. So there will be some major "Big Boys" here.. not to mention most likely the Prophet. I might even get to sit on the same stand as him! HAHA well Hna Jones is the coordinating sister in our zone and so she was asked to speak at the meeting on Sunday... which means I will have to sit on the stand with her... So I'm hoping I get to sit next to President Monson.. It's perfect! Hna Jones speaks, and I sit there.. Well, it's my claim to fame anyways! I will let you know who I see!

Dad, you said something about this Meagan girl.. The girl in your ward right? HAHA well again, I have only seen her like once.. So I dont know how she could mention any kind of countenance.. Dont worry tho.. the spanish will come! How is the ward? Are you loving it being in there with Ken? Are you getting to know any of the kids really well? So you saw Rach again? Ya she Nicki, and Kim sent me some cookies! I wrote Rachel back last week but haven't sent it beacuse I lost the address.. oops! I did find Derek and Joey, and we got our pictures! I will send them soon! Drew.. im sending the camera card to kels.. im going to have her delete all of your pics.. they are saved right? P.s. Im waiting on a letter from you! You should send me a dearelder today (and anyone else that wants).. I keep hearing things from other people about you and Sarah.. I need details from you!! Please, and thank you!

Anything else that is going on this week? What did yall do for dads bday? What do yall have planned for father's day?? My roommate sisters are leaving on Monday! Sooo weird. They are going to Washington D.C. and will be in the visitors center 3 days a week. They got the best of both worlds! Wow I cant believe that I have been here for 5 weeks now! Still so nice not to be the new girl on the block! I'm still loving the MTC. Life here is great! Soo much to learn! But I cant wait to get out in the field either! Except for that whole having/getting to speak in spanish! I dont know how much im going to be able to accomplish if I cant speak their language! Oh well.. I will get it! Sometimes it still doesnt feel real that I am here and a part of this great work! How amazing it all is. The more I learn the more I realize how much I dont know about the gospel. Not that I EVER claimed to know anything.. but still I dont know anything even about the basics of the gospel! Ah, I love it tho! It's so nice to have progressing invest. so that we are practicing towards meeting people's needs!

Okay well that is all I have time for! I love yall and miss yall!

P.s. mom see if you can get another box of contacts for each eye if you can. If not. I think i can make it work!

Quote of the day "Humility is not thinking less of ourselves, but thinking of ourselves less!

No comments:

Post a Comment