Monday, September 13, 2010

Hola familia!!!

It has been raining cats and dogs here! Ha that is something that cant ever be said in Utah! But I love it! Okay, well, maybe not the working in it part, but I have my jacket, boots, and umbrella, so life is good!

This week has been good? Well, definitely not bad!!! But obviously it could be better... We didn't have investigators at church, again! AHHHH!!!!! We have no one that is progressing! Its soo frustrating because they talk in the MTC about how it doesnt matter where you are that there are people waiting for the gospel. That is field is white already to harvest... Which I know to be true!!!!! So what is it that we are or arent doing, that needs to change?? Its hard to come into the field having all sorts of expectations, and then realizing it is a whole new ball game. So, what do I do? Obviously things need to change I just dont know what, and then there is that question of how??? Change is good! I just have to figure out how to do it =) For crying out loud, this will change your life!!! Doesnt anyone care ??? Ah, Im starting to realize that im dealing with REAL people, with REAL ''BIG GIRL'' problems. Here I am just 21 and have never lived life in a way that these people have. I will never have to experience a lot of what some people do because of the gospel. I live such a blissful life because of the gospel! And for that I am sooo thankful. Right now, the greatest blessing of my life in the gospel is that it is a message of hope. Of course there are never guarantees even with the gospel, but at least I know who I am and that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me. I know it will all work out in the end. The trials that we experience are just to shape and mold us to become better. But how do people deal with life when they dont know that?? I think there is a talk by Elder Eyring that talks about that? It was in conference a couple of years ago I think. If you could please forward that to me if you think about it???

*side note* Im not down, discouraged, unhappy, culture shocked or anything like that. Im just saying how it is. Dont worry life is good and im happy. Ha Dad, you said that there were quite a few people that read my letters.. I know, I dont like the pressure of it all! HAHA to all of my readers, Im trying to keep it real, dont judge me!!

My comp has been sick this last week. We went back to the pension early Saturday night and then went back after Sacrament meeting where we both slept till lunch. Does that make me a bad missionary? I really do want to be a good missionary. Then I sat at our table and studied for hours, until bedtime! I worked on our program thing that we have in the mission... that includes LOTS of memorizing... which is hard for me because its a foreign language that isnt very familiar to me.. so its straight memorizing. Mom, I feel your pain! But I know that you can do it =) Im not going to lie, it was nice to have a ''normal'' Sunday. Like I said, dont judge me. I will catch the vision! Sadly I need more time =) She went to the hospital (people go like its the doctors) Friday and they told her that she was allergic to the climate...? She got a shot of something.. The hospitals here in Argentina are free! Everything! Weird! You can have a baby for free! This hospital, or at least what I saw of it was really nice. She has been several times since she has been here. She said the one in her other area was awful. Great. Hopefully I wont need to ever go. Im pretty sure she just has a really bad cold... doctor payne here! I really do want to be a nurse tho!

Kels, I totally understand your fasting thoughts! Im dreading the thoughts of fasting in the summer here. No water for 24 hours?? My comp says that she almost dies every time. But you are right, I know that the Lord blesses us when we do it! I feel like so much of my life in the gospel is just that I know that Heavenly Father blesses us but Im not sure that I have been directly blessed by some things... even though I KNOW that I have been..If that makes sense?? I at least understood EXACTLY what you meant. But here Im starting to gain those little testimonies of everything! Im sorry that you are hating life at work. Yall are definitely in my prayers! And wow, one year ago that Levi found out he had cancer. In some ways it feels like yesterday, and in other ways it feels like forever ago. Hey, fasting right there! How blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives.. something to turn to when life gets out of control. I need to be better about not ''turning'' when things get hard. I just need to continually remember God and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Mom, 50 pesos is $14

Dad, I need some pics of your latest creations!

Drew, how is school going?? And work?? The new ward? The girl situation?

Dusty, I got your email, I will print it off and try and write next week =)

Darci!! I need some pics of that little man of yours!!! I hope all is going well with your new little family.

Chels! I need an email sent my way! How is your new little family? Ha weird! Is married life everything you thought and more??

Bart! Thank you for the email! I was soo surprised! But it was great to hear from you. Thanks for the words of wisdom! Im working on my caveman spanish =)

Raelene! I got your dearelder this last week. Thank you. It was good to see how your fam is doing. I think about your family when I eat mayonnaise. I feel like it is a staple food here. And so far I havent said anthing about monkeys and the priesthood. I will try my best to stay away from monkeys =)

Okay well I am out of time! I love yall and miss yall! Have a great week!

Love,
Hna Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment