Monday, November 15, 2010

Hola familia! Its me again, Hna Payne!

I just got a phone call from the assistants.... Im being transferred!!!!!!!!!!! Im white washing an area in Resistencia. My companion is Hna Runyon. She is here in Posadas with me right now. We leave tomorrow. I cant tell my compa though. I dont know why its a secret. Ha she thinks she is the one leaving. I get to pack my bags tonight. I dont know why they called today... we always find out Tuesday nights. Im really excited though. I love Hna Runyon. She is from Orem. We are going to work hard!

Well this week I dont really feel like I have a lot to say. We had zone conference and it was wonderful. We only have them every three months now. I wish more. We learned a lot. We learned how to be more direct and forward. This is soooooo hard for me. But something I really want to change. Ha I have always hated 创BIG GIRL创 conversations, so this is really good for me. We walked away from this conference with a better clarity of knowing who we are and the authority that we have. We put into effect what we learned with the approximate lesson. We are working hard! Speaking of working hard we had two investigators in church with us this Sunday. We found them Saturday about 5 in the afternoon. All we really talked about was the importance of going to church and they agreed to go. They declined that we stop by in the morning so we could go with them. We figured it woudnt hurt, so we did anyways. To our surprise when we clapped at their house (which by the way I love where they live. It reminds me of Texas in the country, really green.) she came out in her Sunday clothes. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They really meant what they said! They were really coming! We got to church (I dont know if I said that church is now at 8) and both talks were about tithing, right after we told them they didnt have to pay anything! Go figure! But the approximate class couldnt have been better. The lesson was on Temples and families forever! Her husband died 16ish years ago. Her son that is 30ish suffered some mental something or other when his died died. Needless to say they both want to be a family forever! Who doesnt want this. If only everyone realized that they cant be an eternal family without the temple. When we talk to families about living together after they all act as if they know they can be!!! Well that is why I am here isnt it? Baptism is only the beginning!

I told you my spanish was getting better.. I might have lied. With this same family we were talking about mornings, and I might have mentioned that we as missionaries practice exorcism every morning. Yes, you read that correctly, exorcism. Her eyes got really big and was like what?? Every morning?? My comp shook her heard yes, every morning. Hahahahahahhahahahahahah OOPS! What I meant to say was EXERCISE! We exercise every morning! Exercise and exorcism are quite similar in spanish! I think that has been my biggest oops.. other than the one time that I confused the name of a baby with a napkin. Ha to me they sounded really similar. Hey, at least I havent said anything about monkeys and the priesthood. Raelene told me to stay away from that one =)

EW! Guess what I ate this week. Chicken throat and chicken heart, and who knows what other part of the chicken! Okay it really wasnt that bad, it was just the fact that I knew what it was. Next time I wont ask what I am eating. I was really confused at first because part looked like chicken, and the other looked like hamburger meat... but all connected. I asked my compa what it was and she just told me to eat it. Then someone else said chicken throat. I was quite proud of myself, I only gagged once!

The holidays are coming fast. I cant believe Next week is Thanksgiving. Are yall renting a car to get to Karan磗? The good old days of Thanksgiving with Karan. Those are fond childhood memories at the lake house. Be sure to eat some BlueBell ice cream for me. When I was printing off my mail this morning there was Christmas music playing. Crazy. Hey since I will be in Resistencia I will for sure be able to see the Becksteads!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!! I will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with Hna Runyon. Im really excited for this change! A lot of things have changed in three months! Its time for me to grow more. Ha I can see where 18 year olds get married and then 10-20 years down the road they want a divorce because they are SO different. Okay, maybe that was a horrible example, and you probably dont understand.. but my point is yay for a change. Its amazing what you can do when you have to. Ha im about to have to =) Bring it on!

Mom, I got my package last week. Thank you sooo much! I love the shirts! It is getting quite warm here. Im not close to dying yet.. that means much more heat and humidity to come.
Hey, Im proud of your memorizing. We are supposed to memorize a scripture everyday from the Book of Mormon. I just found this out. Im determined that its impossible in english, much less spanish. Boo! Ha i know I need to stop complaining about it and just do it. The Lord will help me if I give it my best shot. Levi, remember that time you tried to memorize a scripture everyday for a photographic memory?? How many did you memorize? Who was it that said this?

Michael! I got your letter. I am now waiting for a follow up letter.... one that sounds more like the Mike that I know!

Okay, well the next letter will be coming from Resistencia! yay! Have a great week. Thank you all for all that you do!

Love,
Hna Payne
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment